Mild steel made HB Wires also known as High Carbon Steel Wires are used for producing bicycle spoke, nails and barbed wires. Based on application type, such wires can be availed in 3 inches, 2 inches and 1 inch size options. Available in coil form, such wires have maximum 480 Mpa tensile strength. Each coil of such wires weighs 1200 kg maximum. In civil engineering arena, such wires are used as essential part of pre stressed and post tensioning procedures. Offered wires are also used for developing industrial floor, during production of wall board etc. HB Wires are needed for developing beams for railroad, bridges and overhead crane. Smooth surface of such wires makes these convenient to handle. These are offered with black annealed or electro galvanized surface to avoid rust and wear. Standard of such wires has been verified as per their length, surface finish, raw material selection, durability, thickness and service life.
HB Wire Features:
1. Strength and Durability: HB wire is known for its high tensile strength, which makes it ideal for applications that require robust and durable materials. It can withstand heavy loads and stress without deforming or breaking easily.
2. Flexibility: Despite its strength, HB wire retains good flexibility, which is important for certain applications, such as in manufacturing springs, ropes, cables, and wire mesh.
3. Construction: The wire is usually manufactured through a cold-drawing process from low carbon wire rods, followed by heat treatment to achieve the desired mechanical properties.
4. Uses in Construction: HB wire finds extensive use in the construction industry, particularly for pre-stressed concrete applications. It is commonly used in concrete structures like bridges, highways, buildings, and railway sleepers to enhance their load-bearing capacity and durability.
5. Fencing: HB wire is often used for manufacturing sturdy and reliable fencing materials, such as barbed wire and chain-link fencing.
6. Wire Ropes: It is used to manufacture wire ropes, which are essential in various industries for lifting, towing, and securing heavy loads.
7. Springs: The wire's high tensile strength and flexibility make it suitable for producing springs used in various applications, including automotive suspension systems, mechanical devices, and furniture.
8. Cold Heading: HB wire is utilized in cold heading applications, where it is formed into various fasteners like nuts, bolts, and screws.
9. Wire Mesh and Screens: Due to its strength and durability, HB wire is employed in the production of wire mesh and screens for filtration, separation, and reinforcement purposes.
10. Galvanization: To enhance its corrosion resistance, HB wire is often hot-dip galvanized or coated with zinc, making it suitable for outdoor applications where exposure to environmental elements is expected.